Car Hire in Sydney, Australia
Home to Aboriginal tribes until the arrival of James Cook in 1770, Sydney is now often mistaken for Australia’s capital. It is the country’s biggest city and its showpiece for bedazzling architecture, state-of-the-art museums and some of Australia’s finest restaurants. With its Aboriginal heritage and modern outlook, Sydney is a city of many dimensions. Combining breathtaking cityscapes, hundreds of miles of coastline, and a warm tropical climate, Sydney provides everything needed for a memorable stay.
Sydney is a city full of breathtaking views. From Sydney Harbour, the city’s working port, take in Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and the sea beyond. For a wonderful view of the city, the coastline and the mountains in the distance, take the lift up to the city’s highest point at the top of Sydney Tower. For a taste of the old Sydney, have a wander around historic Macquarie Street, full of Victorian buildings.
There are many ways to soak up some culture in Sydney: go to The Art Gallery of New South Wales and the Museum of Contemporary Art. For a browse through the city’s literary heritage, follow the Writers’ Walk at the Circular Quay. Discover Sydney’s dark past at the Hyde Park Barracks Museum where you will experience Nineteenth Century prison life. Sydney is home to some outstanding landscaping such as the Chinese Garden of Friendship and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
For some time out from the bustling city, head to Taronga Zoo or discover the city’s exquisite coastline at Bondi Beach where you can indulge in some of Australia’s favourite pastimes: beach volleyball and surfing.
From one-off boutiques to chic designer labels, Sydney is a shopper’s paradise. Head to Pitt St. Mall, one of the main shopping areas for luxurious brands, and visit the Queen Victoria Building for over 200 shops. For custom made tailoring, Paddington is the place to be, and do not miss Castlereagh Street for jewellery and accessories. Go to the Rocks area for speciality purchases, where the tourist market on George Street is filled with wonderful gifts.
Nightlife and Eating OutWith a tradition of al-fresco restaurants and bring-your-own. drinks, eating out in Sydney is a real pleasure. From Asian to European cuisine, there is plenty to offer for every palate.
Head to Chinatown for some traditional Asian cooking, or over to the Rocks for pubs and bistros. Kings Cross offers lots for variety, from simple cafés and traditional pubs to fine restaurants.
Tourist InformationSydney Visitor Centres are located at
106 George Street,
The Rocks and 33 Wheat Road,
Tel: +61(0)2 9240 8788
AirportThe city is well served by Sydney Airport which is found 9km (6 miles) south of the centre. A direct train can be taken from central Sydney to the airport in 10-15 minutes.
Car Hire Locations
Auto Europe offices in Sydney:
- Sydney Airport, 220 O'riordan Street
- Sydney International Airport, Desk In Terminal
- Sydney Airport Office, 2 Sarah Street
- Sydney International Airport, Desk In Arrivals Hall
- Sydney International Airport, Desk In Arrivals Ground Floor
- Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, Desk In Terminal
- Sydney Domestic Airport, Desk In Terminal
- Sydney Domestic Airport, Ground Floor Terminal 2
- Sydney Domestic Airport, Desk In Arrivals Hall
- Sydney Downtown, Westfield Towers ( Grnd Flr )
- Sydney Downtown Office, Corner William & Riley Streets
- Sydney City Office, Hyde Park Plaza
- Sydney Downtown, 75 William St
- Sydney Downtown - Botany, ***4wd And Van Pick Up Only***
- Sydney Wynyard Downtown, 9a York Street
- Sydney Downtown Darling Harbou, 50 -100 Murray St
- Sydney Downtown Nsw, Westfield Towers ( Grnd Flr )
- Sydney Downtown Office, Mercure Central
- Santiago Intl Apt , Cibao, Desk In Terminal
- West Ryde, 964 Victoria Road, West Ryde, Sydney, 2114
- Milperra, 299-301 Milperra Road, Sydney, 2214
- Hurstville, 48 Forest Road, Sydney, 2220
- Sydney - Darling Harbour, 50-100 Murray Street, Sydney, 2840
- Sydney - William Street, 191 – 201 William Street, Kings Cross, Sydney, 2010, Nsw, New South Wales
- Sydney - Pitt Street, 395 Pitt Street , Sydney Nsw, 2000
- Sydney - North, 247 Pacific Highway , North Sydney Nsw , 2060
- Sydney - George Street, 818-820 George Street Inside The Mercure Hotel, Sydney, 2000
- Blakehurst Downtown,
- Grafton Airport,
- Grafton Downtown,
- Liverpool Downtown Aus,
- Sydney Airport,
- Sydney City,
- Sydney City George Street,
- Sydney International Airport,
- Sydney Airport,
- Sydney Airport Terminal 3,
- Sydney Central,
- Sydney Darling Harbour Downtown,
- Sydney Domestic Airport,
- Sydney Downtown,
- Sydney Downtown Kings Cross,
- Sydney South - Mascot,
Car Hire Prices
|between £15.58 and £52.88 per day|
|between £17.72 and £91.38 per day|
|between £18.86 and £24.14 per day|
|between £19.49 and £65.28 per day|
|between £20.63 and £67.63 per day|
Comments and Tips
- Have you visited this destination and have some of your own tips and advice to share with fellow travellers?
- Are there any must-see sights, unmissable restaurants and exciting nightlife spots that you would recommend?
- Do you have any warnings about travelling or driving in this area?
Why not share your travel comments and tips about this destination below.
Please note that any viewpoints published here as comments are user's views and not the views of Car Hire Centre (Fubra Ltd)
The Car Hire Centre helps you save money and find the ideal car for your holiday. We compare the leading rental companies in one easy-to-use search. Visit www.car-hire-centre.co.uk to get the best possible deal.
Be sure to print a copy of our Australia country guide too!
Send us your feedback!
Did you find this guide useful? Have you now visited Sydney?
Please come back to our website and post your comments. We will publish your comments on the website to help other people who visit Sydney.
Save money on Airport Parking
We operate the UK's most popular Airport Parking website.
Visit the Airport-Parking-Shop.com to get a quote that will probably save you between £30-100.
Airport hotel booking
Book ahead to get a big discount on the the price of an airport hotel. Our website, Airport Hotel Shop, compares prices of hotels at airports across the UK.